Holidaying abroad? What's that??
One of the suggested exercises to do from those who ran the course I did (which now seems quite some time ago!). A fun prompt of cats having a citybreak around Barcelona. Now I've been to Barcelona, back in 2005, on a school art trip, and thought I'd like to do something with some of the photos I took then - regardless of the quality (being taken with a single-use camera and then scanned into the computer). The more of my own stuff I can use, the better! Each part took time as I needed to edit out other people from the photos, and then of course replace with a few cats, all having a good time. I sketched them out, some pretty wobbly and sketchily, and scanned in to colour. As the photos were taken in 2005, then I guess the cats were visiting around then, too, in case some things shown are no longer there! I haven't drawn much in the way of transport nor buildings/architecture in a while, so it was interesting to have a go again and not worry about colouring or even sketching it all up neatly. The overall piece I wanted to give something of a bold, bus tour flyer or similar look to it, with the colour choices and layout - it's not supposed to look like any polished illustration in that sense. I kept the image fairly large, but I do feel the photos would ideally be seen yet larger to properly see each cat! Whether it's strictly the kind of thing that would have been wanted... it was a fun experiment!
I'm sure I've forgotten a few points again...

No comments:
Post a Comment