Thursday, 21 January 2021

Penguins And Company

 A few more pictures from last year for the moment, whilst I work away at other things in the background...

Can you remember a time before the first lockdown? Back in January or February, and the usual art group exhibition was coming up (let's very much assume that is not to happen this year) and I was starting to get inspiration from a few more of my wildlife photos for pictures. (Another reason for doing this did not materialise, no thanks to the virus!) The following two were drawn in this time, though not ones that I chose to put in the exhibition, but they can be displayed here instead.

Ring-tailed Lemur from Jersey Zoo, on A5ish green card, pen, chalk and a little coloured pencil:


Owl butterflies; I must confess I cannot for this moment recall where these were - Jersey Zoo or before? - need to check and edit. I at least managed to convey just why they are called owl butterflies... A5 textured card, pen, with a little colour added in Photoshop:

And now for a piece I was working on during the first lockdown, which I then stopped and hadn't looked at in months until now. Will definitely get back to this again when the time is right. I couldn't seem to get a photo of this where it didn't look a bit blurry and the colour has been sucked out a bit - the many trivialities of drawing on A3 and getting to the online world... Was again keen to do a solely traditional piece and larger, like the anteaters. So this is inspired by a lot of African penguins I saw at Bristol Zoo, and a few different photos I took. For the moment it is just pen and coloured pencil:


Hopefully should be something more to show soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment