Wednesday, 24 February 2021

Pet Portrait Commission

Getting a February post up in time! Putting my artist hat on...

To keep the explanation short, in December I had the opportunity of -- and managed to squeeze in -- creating a painted pet dog commission (my first try of such) for some individuals. The canvas was smaller than A4 and medium used was acrylics. When I can spend the time with traditional painting, something I still am only doing now and again, it really is very satisfying to work with, building up and building up the layers like that. I wasn't quite happy I was really capturing the eyes right throughout the process, but apparently it was liked, so... 

I took a few photos of the progress to share here:




I've been pretty busy with drawings for various things the past few months, and such examples and reasons will be included here in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment