Tuesday, 5 January 2021

New Year 2021

 It's 2021...

and we're in lockdown again. But still, here's to a more optimistic New Year.

As you will see, I've been working on further changes to this site (and others) to shift my creative direction a tad; hopefully for the better. Layout and colour has now changed, supposing I'm still happy enough with the colour scheme in a few weeks. The banner will also change after all these years; I am very attached to my little robot, but as most other things were changing, I thought perhaps an update there, too (not to mention the blog name is now inaccurate).

Let's start off with a wintry - dare I say festive - theme before it gets too late. I don't usually upload pictures I've created for my relatives, but the odd one will be fine! I've taken to creating images with cut out paper and card, kind of making it up as I go along, in recent years to give me something a bit different to work with than usual pen and felt tips/markers. Wonky phone photo alert:


Second, a background piece I did early December, based off a verse from a lovely someone's poem. Sole background pieces I don't tend to do so much and it was a fun little change. Pencil, scanned and coloured digitally:


'...Next, a shimmering purple sent waves of peace, crashing against the black rapids of despair.'

On another note, it was a very much appreciated little boost for me when I saw that in December Creativepool itself on Creativepool Liked my Young Writers' illustration from 2019, and it came up on their front page which I just had to screenshot!☺:

I aim to have a more of a particular focus on what I upload this year, to help me concentrate and improve with certain styles of illustration. (Naturally, pictures shown in this first post are a bit different to one another!) We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment