Sunday, 30 July 2017

Beasts In A Boat

Full title: 'Mythological Beasts In A Boat'

The same day I finished my last dragon piece, I was inspired enough to draw another illustrative piece; this time with added gryphon and unicorn. In an unusual move, I quickly sketched it out on the computer, and only afterwards did I begin to draw what would be the final sketch in my sketchbook, to later scan. I've attached the brief digital sketch because I don't often show my process in pictures. As you can see, it's pretty close from initial concept to completion. So these mythical creatures are stuck in a boat that is very small for them - I always intended for it to look like they clearly don't fit in there; but hey, they're magical. They are also fairly calm here, yet it seems they're escaping from a smoking volcanic island.

 From this...



To this...
 

Observational sketches planned up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment