Photo inspiration yet again. A few years ago I did a quick, little pastel drawing of a unicorn in a cave and waterfall scene (taken in Cyprus, by the way). I came back to the photo because I still wanted to do something more with the scene. One mythical beast to another, here's a (friendly-looking) dragon. I drew it out pretty quickly and didn't spend loads of time with the background, either; I wanted this to be a snappier, but hopefully still effective, piece. Wanted textures to be a strong inclusion here and each section uses a different texture, which helps bring out the kind of serene watery, rocky look I was going for. Nice to do some colouring on the computer again and not have to spend ages on it. As with most, this was hand-drawn and then scanned and worked on in Photoshop.
As I finished this I started drawing out another picture, purely from my mind - no photo inspiration, and that is now also complete and I will probably post that up soon, as well as some trees...

No comments:
Post a Comment