Yet again I have used an old photo to inspire me; a few goats stood on some rocks at the same French zoo. As I do appear to like to draw rocks, this seemed a good one to do. I wanted to paint it like the motorbike, but found, as I placed the first bit of paint on the A4 canvas board, that watercolour would be the way to go. The original photo had more than three goats, so I narrowed that down and completely changed the background, too (definitely no bridge!).
Unfortunately scan nor camera got the colours right; the green of the trees in reality is nothing like what you see here, and the tones actually make the balance and quality of the picture not great. I really ummed and ahhed about showing this picture at all -- but what the hey, all a bit of fun.
(Detail. Because I can.)
And because I wasn't happy with the scan, I tried a few effects in Photoshop and quite liked the sketchy posterised version:
EDIT: I still wasn't fully happy with the scanned outcome, so here's a camera shot. What a difference. It's pretty faint but at least shows truer greens:
That's enough goats for now.



No comments:
Post a Comment