Sunday, 5 March 2017

Elephant, Castle Et Cat


Elephant & Castle


I'm sure I'm not the first to be inspired to draw a picture from the area in London that's called 'Elephant & Castle'. When I was living in London for a few months, back in 2012, I started this sketch of an elephant and then it got left to the side, left to the side... until now. Finally got that castle on to its back! Just the kind of castle I was after, Dover castle, informed my simplified castle design.  Because I'd started the sketch with coloured pencils rather than pencil, I wanted to retain that in the final piece. Therefore, it was out of the question to delete any of the sketch marks, and so the back remains seen through the castle! The way I ended up finishing this picture, I can't get out of my mind certain PC games... Got another picture in mind with this scenario.

~~~~

And quite different, but it saves making millions of new posts for every new piece, an update (not a 'redraw' as such) of a character I drew back in... 2009 or so. Looks like it might have had some inspiration from a certain late musician... This cat seemed like a character that should be drawn again; this time hand-drawn and outlined first, rather than me struggling with the pen tool straight onto the computer! As well as given more of an illustrative finish. Angles... sometimes I like them and sometimes the picky part of me just wants to round them up.


Apparently I never put the original on this blog. As you can see, he's far more extreme in the shaping, and there's something I rather like about him. Here he is:


No comments:

Post a Comment