Birthday present for a family friend whom had, a few months prior, requested a painting of one of his old motorbikes (will edit with motorbike type, once reminded). My first 'serious' painting on a (about A5 size) canvassed board in quite a while, I believe. Also to mention that I haven't exactly drawn many a motorbike in my life -- so a bit different for me to work on. I worked from a small photograph and changed the background a tad to add more light and colour. Going by paints which hadn't hardened yet (!), I used a mix of watercolour and acrylic, with a touch up of coloured pencil, and even felt tip in some places to help bring it out some more. It was good practice. I know I keep saying things like this, but it has helped encourage me that I can attempt to create 'proper' paintings and will improve; so I will make sure more are created this year.
Took photos with my camera, and just by these two there is a change in the light, so the colours won't be exact to the actual painting (as is always the way).
Whilst it's by no means perfect, I still worked a lot on this little piece, and fortunately, the recipient seemed to be pleased enough with it!


No comments:
Post a Comment