Irrelevant to Fantastic Beasts, but nevertheless tagged on to this blog post, anyway, to avoid clogging, is a picture I completed just before this one. Again, this was an idea I suddenly to do, and forced myself to go and get on with it whilst still fresh in my mind. Fully traditional with 'ordinary' coloured pencils, the scanner ruined the colours a tad and then I attempted to make the balance better in Photoshop. No true version of this picture here, unfortunately. I might try taking a photograph and switching it. Otherwise, you get the idea!
A record of my art, illustration, animation, and other creative events or happenings, and general progress I have made on my voyage of the creative world.
Thursday, 12 January 2017
Fantastic Beasts
After finally going to see Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, I felt inspired enough to draw my own interpretation for a bit of fun. Cutting a long story short, I decided it would work more for me and what I wanted from it to keep the sketchy pencil lines. I later had a look at some Art Deco posters to get a teeny '20s feel in to it with background colour. I couldn't find any Obscura pictures online, so my version of the raging thingybob in the right-hand corner seems to have taken a kind of Joan Miro (or similar) approach.
Irrelevant to Fantastic Beasts, but nevertheless tagged on to this blog post, anyway, to avoid clogging, is a picture I completed just before this one. Again, this was an idea I suddenly to do, and forced myself to go and get on with it whilst still fresh in my mind. Fully traditional with 'ordinary' coloured pencils, the scanner ruined the colours a tad and then I attempted to make the balance better in Photoshop. No true version of this picture here, unfortunately. I might try taking a photograph and switching it. Otherwise, you get the idea!
Thanks for looking. More being worked on.
Irrelevant to Fantastic Beasts, but nevertheless tagged on to this blog post, anyway, to avoid clogging, is a picture I completed just before this one. Again, this was an idea I suddenly to do, and forced myself to go and get on with it whilst still fresh in my mind. Fully traditional with 'ordinary' coloured pencils, the scanner ruined the colours a tad and then I attempted to make the balance better in Photoshop. No true version of this picture here, unfortunately. I might try taking a photograph and switching it. Otherwise, you get the idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment