Sunday, 5 June 2011

Horses, Donkey, Mermaid



Oh look, a post. I still draw?! Argh, these didn't come up in the correct order. I had an urge to do some fast doodles of horses, because they are fun to draw; and in coloured pencil, because it is fun to draw with them rather than standard grey pencil. These ones have more of a Disney style to them because I was half inspired by Glen Keane's wonderful concept sketches for Tangled. This first one in red, yes the anatomy is crazy, but that's how it is.



Horse in a more exciting pose. '... and I ri-ide like the wind, (ride like the wind)...' - Christopher Cross. Good song that. Slight back leg fail - poor thing.





Another hor- oh no it's not. Darn formatting or whatever it is. A Mermaid because I felt like drawing one. No face as such! I drew this long before I saw Pirates 4 at the cinema.





Ah, a horse! Drawn while I was listening to the marvellous song 'The Legend Of Xanadu' by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch. So the horse is named Xanadu. It was drawn on the back of old animation paper hence why there's random marks within the pink. I drew this quite before the other ones; not sure when.




Lastly a donkey of sorts. Looong ears.


I'm off to London soon so not sure when I'll next have drawings that I can upload. (EDIT: Actually very soon - I was able to bring my scanner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment