Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Ah... March

Well I didn't update about The Princess and the Frog, did I? The long and the short: some good moments, bit too jam-packed, sad, shocking, too many 'unfinished' songs... There's hope for Disney yet, but they just need to brave it and not stick to that certain kind of Disney 'style' that they think everyone expects.

---

In other news, the SS Great Britain project is sailing slowly forward... (sorry). Some scenes are close to being animated and me and a friend are to design '70s characters for it.

My main film project is now underway. The Animatic has been through the mill several times and I am into the animating. Less than 12 weeks to go. Pretty darn frightening.

I haven't really posted any pretty pictures to break up my waffles, so here is an early production still I knocked up in time for the pre-production hand in. Since this, things have changed quite a lot, but it's all I can really show for the moment for some small kind of idea...



My film "Not I" has a pig as the 'main' character. The obvious problems with this image: the background is too detailed for this piece really and the colouring is the wrong way round (should be dark front, lighter further away), etc. There has been several changes since; for the better I should hope!

As it is, I am pretty busy; even now I am half working on some backgrounds. I will try and update with a few snippets of my film at some point.

For pointless extras:



A very quick mouse doodle in PhotoStudio that was used in my most recent animatic. There is a cat and a dog too. And a hen.

No comments:

Post a Comment