The Princess and the Frog
You bet I'm going to mention about a TRADITIONAL DISNEY FEATURE.
Disney. Sometimes I love them; sometimes I despise them - but that company is ultimately what got me into animation. How my heart saddened when Disney announced they would discontinue making traditional animated films back in 2003, something to this day that still confuses me; why exactly did they stop? 'Money, money' tweets a little blue bird in my ear. But that's what it's all about; got to make ends meet... But anyway: and how excited I was when I heard Disney would be making a 2D again! Brilliant - that's my Disney! But of course they would be playing safe with this one; perhaps a little too safe. Trying to please everyone is NEVER going to work (my god, I've seen some bloody irritating comments from people online), so Disney should stray away from trying to be such everybody-pleasers, and just concentrate on making a great story. I'm sure there wouldn't have been such hassle if they hadn't made the Disney Princess theme such a marketable thing right now. Well, I could easily go on, but I'll watch it first (hopefully this Friday!) and try and go into more depths about my thoughts then.
Oh, I do hope Disney don't get discouraged because this film hasn't done amazing at the American box office (there are several reasons for this that you can discover elsewhere). They have suppassed an amount that puts it to a similiar success rate as Lilo & Stitch (2002), so really, it is good progress and shows that, rightly so, there IS still a market for 2D - especially where Disney are concerned.
---
No comments:
Post a Comment