I've been busy with various things, but Scootsie Creations trundles along! I've tried Instagram and it's been tough. I feel this blog still has its place and perhaps I will continue to put more of my big or small 'creative endeavours' here than anywhere else, and link this up more with my website. Hello, blog! It's been a while, but here I am, dusting around the place. Ah, I see some old pictures to grimace over... Oh well, it's an interesting variety and development through these many years. Will need to update here to keep more in line with my other online presences, I suppose.
So my first post in a while is a post of my efforts for 'Smaugust 2025', prompts created by artist Katy Lispcomb over on Instagram. Lots of dragons. Photos of the pieces... as I really need a good artist scanner.
#1 Terrarium - a chance to use my growing collection of marker pens. Viewing a little terrarium bottle through a magnifying glass. A5 piece.
#2 Forbidden - Fun with cardboard to create a slightly 3D, ye olde dragon-guarded doorway. I like a bit of Latin, so 'Prohibitus' is carved in place of 'Forbidden'.
#4 Paper - Had some textured paper with old script on, add a sketchy dragon with an inkpot and there we go.
#8 Feline - I went to an interesting talk about Britain's very-much-around! big cats, which inspired a Panther-Dragon for this prompt.
#9 Fan Art - Falkor the Luckdragon (film version) from The NeverEnding Story!
#15 Fruit - Reintroducing a seaside-loving dragon, with a fine-looking pineapple. I drew him some years back and possibly posted it here. Another fully marker pens A5 piece.
And that's that. I didn't have the time for more. It was fun to do what I could do, though. I've really taken to these prompt lists. I plan to do another in October, so stay tuned. Got another few potential posts to make here on recent stuff soon. It really feels rather freeing posting here again without the Instagram stresses.






No comments:
New comments are not allowed.