Wednesday, 5 January 2022

The Rise Of Scootsie, Stalls And Small Pet Portraits

January 2022! Another year over; a new one just begun... This post a little later than planned due to busyness and things related to this post. Anyway, to cut a long story short: So last year 'Scootsie Creations' came into being, initially as a shop on Etsy. More steps towards getting my art out there some more! We have started to sell birthday/celebration wrapping paper, gift tags and cards, inspired by our own cats, as well as a Christmas range, based on some dogs we know (latter now in the stockroom awaiting next winter). 

Flashier photos to come... but here's an idea! More to see in the shop!

We hope to offer more items with my designs on before long. Which leads on to...

Pet portraits and fun illustrative animals on mini canvases. In December I had the opportunity to sell at two Christmas events for the very first time; one at a primary school where we offered our Scootsie ranges, and as well as that to appeal to the children more specifically, I created 13 colourful pet portraits in acrylics (in a more illustrative style than particularly pet portrait 'realistic') in two small sizes on canvas. I wasn't sure how it would go... but was very pleased that 12 of the 13 sold, which gave me a good boost! For the following stall at a dog event, I created a few more illustrative dogs on mini canvases and again offering Scootsie items.

Stall at the school Christmas fayre.

Mini acrylic 'fun' pet portraits sold at the school fayre.

And a few more for the next event.

As a positive extra after the stalls, I was contacted to create some personalised pet portraits over Christmas (which I will show in some form soon). The one which has already been received seems to have been liked! Yay! And and we shall see where I go from there...

Link to our Scootsie shop can be found on the right of this post. Please feel free to have a browse and I hope you like! More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment