There hasn't been a lot going on here recently and this is the main reason:
Regaining an interest in cross-stitch, I bought this in about 2018, started working on it, then stopped, and did not pick it up again until August of this year, finally finishing a few days ago. It was more complex by a longshot than any I have stitched before and most satisfying. Now I didn't design this myself, but as something creative-crafty I have worked on for so long, I think I can allow this on my blog. Note it has not yet been ironed, nor edges tacked down.
~/\/\/\~
Now for something quite different - a few more traditional abstract-y pieces working on a very limited colour palette. It got me thinking about what people who are viewing my blog want to see, and maybe it's not these rougher, scrappy pieces so much. But then I thought, well this is my personal 'creative endeavour' blog, after all, and if I want to do things like this sometimes as an alternative to pencil sketches, digital colours or so, and post them if I feel I'm getting something out of them, then why not? I like to do a bit of loose painting; I like to use up old, hardened paints. Neater work will happen again another time!
'You Do Not Get Away With It'
'Eat your...'











No comments:
Post a Comment