Saturday, 5 January 2019

And Then There Were None

... Yet another year passes. Hello, 2019.

In the September - October time I designed what would be the poster and flyer advertisement and programme for 'The Crown Players' an amateur theatre group, performing at The Kings Theatre in Gloucester. The group were performing Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None (- and what a great job they did of it!).
It was a nice thing to work on - dipping my toes in an Agatha Christie theme, being of help to the theatre group, and designing and thinking about things I'm not drawing constantly in my art. It produces a challenge and it's pleasing to have the chance to give it a go... and hope not to cringe at the end of it all.

I followed closely with their visions for it - plenty of e-mails to and fro - and though inspired by some ideas of past covers, hoping to still give a new interpretation to classic elements of the story to stand it on its own. Once I sent it on, the writing and cast photos, etc. were positioned over it, which you can see from the photo below of the flyers and programme. One thing I did note for future pictures I create for print: my mac screen is lighter than the PC screens and my change in blue tones in the background which I saw clearly on the mac did not really come out in the printed version. Fortunately this was not a big problem in the grand scheme of things.


<>
Hooray for having 'hard copies' of things!
<>
Poster up on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment