Here's a sudden extra (goal)post!
So it's the World Cup, and this year I've decided to follow it a bit more again after missing the last few. Watching the England matches has given me a positive focus, in spite of the usual not expecting too much of them at this particular tournament! Whatever happens next... England will always be
the team I support. (Who I will urge on when England go out, I'm not sure yet.) I've also been listening to more England football songs over the years beyond the more obvious and that's been fun.
So here's my nod to England football for the World Cup 2018, but also in general, so whatever may happen next, the support is still there for other times! Knowing I needed to get it out asap ideally, I got a sketch formed and scanned and coloured all within a short space of time, not looking to make too much, but just enough to get the idea across. Went for a more graphicy illustrative approach here, and back to the songs... the words on the picture are a nod to the 'We've Got The Whole World At Our Feet' England Football Squad song for the World Cup '86. I do like a catchy tune.

No comments:
Post a Comment