Sunday, 23 August 2015

Times Gone By

Two more pictures from my series of scenes of the past (and misc.) on coloured paper (or card, depending where you draw the line on thickness). Reminds me of just going back to younger days, creating big scenes with felt tips and coloured pencils. All just fun stuff really. Feels like pressure's off, working on these for my own little interests.

'Tommy Squirrel', WWI. Appropriately coloured green card, coloured pencils, scanned even darker, which about suits the scene.

And more happy...

Earlier 20th Century in my mind... but could be more recent times. I really seem to like drawing rocks... Yellow card with felt tips and a bit of coloured pencil.

1 comment:

  1. Really like these!

    The first picture has topical appeal to me, as I've have been doing lots of reading about WWI recently, including "Ring of Steel" - an account of the war from the perspective of Austria-Hungary, something you don't often see. Anyway - the dark tone & colouring matches the scene particularly well, and Pvt Squirrel's face captures the utter horror especially well.

    I'd like to say that I think you're really progressing in your style as an illustrator, and the happier beach scene showcases this. It has one of my favourite things about good "cartoon" / "childrens" drawings - the more you look at it, the more details you spot. It keeps the viewer coming back to the image and they get more from it each time! Have been looking at this for a while and even while writing this comment I've spotted somehting new - the otters diving from the rocks in the far distance.

    Excellent work, & hope to see more - hopefully as a published in a book one day!

    ReplyDelete