Saturday, 3 March 2012

I'm Afraid So...

I joined a portfolio styled site as an add on so some of my work can be seen more easily than scrolling through the blog. As soon as I get more on that I will link it.

I've been trying to do some experimenting with Photoshop lately, including making a picture in a kind of 1930s Japanese Art Deco style (specific, I know), so if I am pleased enough with any of these attempts, I might plop some on here soon.

Anyway, along with the usual:

Week 5 - Inner Emotion

We had to shut our eyes and feel our face in order to create this drawing - tapping into our 'inner emotions'. I thought this image would go everywhere, considering I kept taking my charcoal off the paper, however it doesn't look too bad - albeit a bit scary.



I'm not so sure the idea of 'inner emotion' got past the first exercise, but it has something.



We drew a diddy version and split it into four to then draw these four sections separately, larger. We then pieced the parts together and I was pleased to see the sizing of each part wasn't awfully different.



Week 6 - Combined and Rubber

The first exercise was started a drawing, and then moving on to another easel to finish another. It was quite a fun exercise and interesting to draw over another person's art - and notice in a way, that it is easier to see errors when it is not your work. In this piece below I continued the one on the left and started the one on the left. So for these next few images I do not take all the credit!



This should be first; I started this one off.



I continued this one and found quite a bit I needed to change. So it does look quite scruffy, yet in a way it makes it quite alive.



Then we moved off that and made pictures by rubber on to charcoal. I probably didn't press well enough with the charcoal or rubber but the marks are quite interesting. Also it's hard not to notice an obvious cup ring came through on this easel from years gone by...



A section of the model, again with rubber on charcoal.

No comments:

Post a Comment