Week 3 - Ink
In my experience of using ink, I've always felt I become somewhat clumsy and confused (depending on the weapon with which to ink). So with the usual frustration was also added the holding of the 'weapon' by its tip. But here's my attempts from the class:
Okay, so this was actually charcoal on a long stick, holding at its tip. I keep making my drawings too big so the feet can't be seen - need to work on that.
I never truly 'got' how to hold a fountain pen properly. Add a sort of large version of one, set upon an easel, again holding the thing at the tip (and trembling), and frustration occurs. Unfortunately the ink decided to give up on me altogether on these!
Mercifully, the brush wasn't quite so difficult to go places with. But not hugely satisying either here.
Brush again, I actually quite like this one.
Week 4 - Pastels
I haven't used pastels in a long time. Like the week before, I feel I can get more messy then necessarily nice outcomes with the material. But it is good to try out and improve on these things!
Rather firey, I didn't realise I should probably have added more colours in.
However, I began to take this on board.
Still six weeks to go!








No comments:
Post a Comment