Thursday, 22 July 2010

SS Great Britain Documentary Up!

The animated documentary project that I and several other UWE animators and Motion Graphicers helped make is finally finished and up online to view. It was created in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the ship's return to Bristol.

Last week there was a little bit about it on BBC Points West news on TV where I saw some bits I had worked on; I found that fun to actually see something I'd contributed on up on television for many possible viewers! On the BBC Bristol website the image still they show before you click to view the film is the scene I did the little bit of character animation and design on, so that's also quite fun for me. Not quite a celebrity, but it's just nice!
Here are some stills from the (Flash) third part of the documentary, which I worked on (apologies for heavy compression):




Due to busy work on my final film, I could only afford the time to animate one scene in the end, but I also designed several of the characters that appear throughout the third film (drawing into Flash with a mouse while the tablet wasn't working was not easy!)
And here you can view it at large size (and find out about the actual ship):

Alternativey, at smaller size on the BBC website:

No comments:

Post a Comment