Friday, 16 April 2010

Film Update

I've been most focused on the animation at the moment, it's going okay but too slow for my liking. Some bits of animation keep needing refinements; this is good if it really needs it but it does slow me from moving on. It has been advised not to get too picky with it - so I hope I can just work through it okay.

I managed to record narration and sound for my film before Easter, but unfortunately it seems that it won't play on my mac Premiere or After Effects. This is slightly concerning, but I'm convinced I'm not beaten. One thankful note is that it does work on uni PCs (though this might mess my schedule up a tad...).

Backgrounds have ever felt a nuisance to me. I'm still not 100% decided on how they'll look and the absolute colour palette. I've made more tests but I just can't find a happy balance. I can only hope very soon a Eureka! moment will hit. I might show some tests soon.

After uploading, I realise that this line test doesn't have much animation at all. I did it a few weeks back now and it is by no means a great piece but finally a chance to see what kind of thing I'm doing. It is part of my scene 1 with a cat that is evilly preventing a pig from getting out the door. Meanwhile, a dog's shadow looms overhead.



Here's another super quick line test. Is it just me or does YouTube upload videos to play faster than they are supposed to? One of the first scenes of the dog approaching the hen, menacingly, while the cat keeps back and grins.



I will upload more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment