Monday, 8 June 2009

Hello...

I'm currently trying out various background colours on this blog, but none seem to stick with me, so hopefully I will sort that out soon.

I also think I should start making this blog more accessible soon. Only about two or three know about this and I do feel quite loathe to let everyone see - but that is partly the point of this blog, to sort of advertise myself out there.

---

In creative news, last week saw the deadline of the Visual Narratives module. I can't say I'm sad for the end to come, because that module did nothing for me. After being subject to around nine hours of presentations (argh!) it was a relief to finally relax - albeit not for a long - and start concentrating more on ALICE.

At some point, I may well upload my final piece (currently being externally marked), consisting of:
- A mock-book for children about a Sphynx Cat;
- Five coloured pages taken from the book that were coloured in watercolour (something I have wanted to try and improve in, amongst other traditional techniques). Evidence will be that I still need some work with watercolour, what will come with the time and practice.

This low note is not to say I am all negatives to illustration - certainly not! I still seek to improve on the subject as long as drawing and a good story idea drives me.

1 comment: