Thursday, 5 March 2009

For Starters

I very much just started this blog on a whim...

However, I had been wanting to create one for a while now to coincide with my 'currently in the works' website, at the moment under the title Fransdesign.

Anything related to creative events - including Animation, Illustration, etc., that I have attended/am doing will be documented here. (Naturally with my own opinions.) Any sketches and whatnot I feel worthy will be also posted up.

I hope this will be a good way of seeing my creative thoughts behind the more professional front.

A 'quick' (hmm, yeah) bio about me:

-- I am currently studying Animation at UWE, Bristol, England.

-- My animation preference leans towards 2D Traditional, but I am very keen to try out Stop Motion. I feel more comfortable when my hand has the control of a drawing, puppet, etc., and where you can actually seen the obvious hand-made quality within the animation. I can appreciate 3D/CGI, but it is really not for me.

-- I am also, as you will have gathered, keen on drawing, and always have been (particularly animals). Illustrating for children's books - young and older - has for a while been an interest for me, but as of yet, I haven't approached it like I have done for Animation.

-- Currently I work predominately with pencil and pen, the good ol' sketchy doodle approaches. This was always be my natural way of drawing, but I am interested in learning the tools of the trade with traditional mediums paint, pastels, etc., and digital means, such as Photoshop.

-- I do have interests other than artsy things... just not enough, clearly. I'd love to say I can play various instruments, am highly intellectual and do the odd sport. This, however, would be an absolute lie. I am interested in writing (not essays) and would love to write a proper novel someday (reading being another interest). My music intrigues lean towards the 80s, 60s, 90s and 70s. There's something about the classics and cheese that I just love. And so on.

I've run out of waffle now. I hope it gives you a good starting idea about where my interests lie. They'll probably be explored further in a different posting.

I think that's all that needs to be said for now...!

Here's hoping I don't forget about this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment