A couple of 'for fun' rough drawings on A3 I got around to giving some colour to.
The golden retriever is based on a British redcoat soldier of Napoleonic times - or just before, seeing as you look up red coat soldier on google and you get a variety of uniforms... I'll look for more direct accuracy next time; with this one I just wanted to get it coloured before May was out in the end! Purposely bigged up his head, thinking of those kind of humorous Georgian illustrations. Just got inspired to doodle quite a dynamic picture, running from a battlefield explosion, along with my desire to draw some more historical-setting pieces. I still shy away from putting too much into them for now, knowing that it does want that extra bit of research to get a decent level of accuracy with how this and that would have looked!
To avoid waffling on too much more, well the second, totally unrelated, you can see is a gryphon, and I coloured it up pretty quickly once I'd pieced the A3 back together after scanning. (A3 scanner something to think about now...)
A rather different piece for my third assignment for my course follows shortly.


No comments:
Post a Comment