Monday, 12 September 2016

Dolphins, Bubbles, And Sea

A few months back on a holiday to Tenerife I had the opportunity to go on a boat trip and (possibly) see some dolphins and whales. Sadly we did not see whales, but we did see quite a few dolphins - and one turtle! - which was a great experience, anyway, to actually see them 'in the wild'. We even got quite a few showy jumps from them. So I was inspired to create a dolphin picture. I made a rough biro doodle in my Sudoku book (as you can see from the picture below with the grid marks showing through) and decided I should colour it. I started painting it, yet found that I had virtually no blue, so it was more greeny and didn't quite work out. Next, I created a pastel version, which only half worked (and again not enough blue...), so I cut the dolphins out and placed them on blue card and added some sea/spacey swirls. My final version was scanned and digitally coloured, retaining the original marks. Here you are just seeing my pastel and digital versions. I might do a larger dolphin piece at some point, but happy enough with these for now.


Didn't photograph too well, but you get the idea:


The best of a lot of attempted photographs of these fast-moving animals as proof.



No comments:

Post a Comment