First post of 2015 (needless to say)! Here's a sketch I did a little while ago which I kept thinking 'I'd like to scan and colour that sometime' and finally, actually did so. I didn't look at any references so forgive the anatomy! Utahraptors are my favourite of the raptors. I was always interested in how tall dinosaurs could get as a child (and still am). I gave him some feathers, not forgetting modern information on dinosaurs, but not too much because that's just not how the sketch worked out.
In other news, I had a few illustrationy opportunities at the end of the year which were fun and very useful for me, gaining more knowledge working with time constraints, learning more about printers marks processes, and so on. I will add more info about them on the relevant page of my blog listed above.
I have also got another exhibition coming up, even with a chance of being an 'artist in residence' for a few hours/ a day, or so. This will be with others' works as part of the art group programme I joined last year. This will be another great opportunity, although at this stage I really do not know what to display! Only a few weeks to decide, so that is something to prioritise!

It's great that you're getting on in the career aspect of the arts - not easy to do! But I guess one you've got your foot in the door, more opportunities will present themselves. Let's hope so!
ReplyDeleteCool Utahraptor! I think all feathery dinosaurs look absurd, but a mohawk and slight feathering is a much better look!