Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Exhibition Of Imagination

So a few days ago I took part in a local exhibition for local and 'amateur' artists. I thought it would be fun to take part in something like that again, as the last time some of my artwork was exhibited was at university. (I'd like to think I've developed a little since then!) A lot of preparation was put in for the one-day event and it went well enough. A small area, but it was very interesting to see the range of work! I thought my kind of work would look out of place at such an art exhibition. Perhaps not everyone 'got it' amongst the more obvious kind of art. However, I think the difference might have helped bring the pictures out more. The event was rather encouraging and a few other artists gave some advice; plus I won a gift card and free pass to a gallery for, I think, creating the 'best art that was drawn on the day' (just a few doodlings...). So the exhibit was rather worth it, I think. :)

I tried to vary things a tad with traditional and digital. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know about the exhibition or pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment