Tuesday, 26 February 2013

You Can't Take Me I'm Free

Another year flies 'round. First post of this year near the end of February - woops!

I meant to post this near the end of last year but I had a similarly coloured picture I was working on alongside it, and so wanted to post them together. Now that other picture has been on the back-burner for a while (will get back to it before long), I think I will just post this before it becomes too irrelevant. (Hello, Neil.)

The whys and who of the piece is for elsewhere, but the basics here: I wanted to try and put more detail into a background because I would like to get better with them. I was inspired by a nice bit of English (Yorkshire) countryside from a photograph I took last year. I also wanted to try some more painterly styles on Photoshop, again to practice. The style also meant I didn't have to worry about going too realistic with it all. Entire thing drawn and 'painted' digitally, with the mouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment