Monday, 16 July 2012

Quick Animal Paintings

I am back in London and with that move I have not had much chance to post. Now's the opportunity to fill up some sketchbooks again...

Back in April and May I decided that some paints really needed to be used up before they crumbled so I decided to do some quick paintings with them (note, I was therefore quite limited for colours!) and make sure they weren't just a 'for the sake of it' rid. I started by finding some scrap sketch paper and painting random colours on each piece for a background which I would later paint whatever I felt like over. I don't paint enough as I should so I really used this mood to put some effort into each picture with thought into brush strokes for fur, etc. Well, some worked better than others. Here are a few; some are back at home and a few have yet to be photographed.






Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment