Sunday, 22 April 2012

Fun With Inks

I've definitely felt more inspired to create art through traditional mediums than digital lately (obviously the bulk of any digital piece has been hand drawn first, anyway). It's a tricky time at the moment to know what is best to progress with in terms of anything creative...

Which reminds me, those who take a look at my blog, could you please vote in my poll on the right-hand side? I want to do a bit of everything really, but I'd like to know what others think. Thank you.

Also, I've joined LinkedIn now.

Once in a while I remember what sorts of arts and crafts materials I have. I do like these random spurts of inspiration to draw and be more experimental; now if only I could get them more often! I've drawn lots of novel/book illustration styled pieces lately that shall be posted soon here or on another portfolio.

---

Right now, here's some, for fun, quick ink pictures, inspired from some of my photographs.

I had intended to use black ink, but in truth I could not actually unscrew the lid off the pot. I think brown has done quite nicely as an alternative. The first is loosely Clifford's Tower in York; the second is, also loosely, one of my cats who seems to be wearing an eye-patch.



Looking at some aquarium photos of mine I decided to bring out the other colours. But not red for some reason. Nor blue, but that's just because that lid would not unscrew, either. 



The very common I'm sure 'I have one more sheet left from this pile and I've ran out of photographs in this particular album and my interest is beginning to wane' dilemma. But I managed to get something down without it looking really obviously a product of the aforementioned. This alligator is unimpressed with something or other.
 

I hope you (quite) liked seeing more traditional experiments (; because there will be more).

No comments:

Post a Comment