Yes, more 'fanart'. Some sketches I did in December. Not planned, just suddenly had the urge to draw some
Winnie the Pooh characters in a style using certain shapes. Piglet was the first drawn where this is most apparent, and I also wanted to make him look quite unlike his usual 'sweet' self. As a whole it became the Pooh characters in a varied style; not necessarily particular shapes. I'd say it's based on variations of the Disney version, but with the original A. A. Milne drawings in mind. It was a fun bit of doodling and I enjoyed colouring it, using a rough shade and highlight addition that I haven't done in a while. I find it can enhance pictures so much.
I took the line away and was pleased how Tigger looked without it, so thought it worth showing, too. I've found this with other pictures as well, they can look very nice without a line, if the colour is built up a certain way.
I had fun; I hope they're liked!
I think the un-lined tigger looks quite interesting, and that you should experiment with this style more. This colouring style also makes the characters look more solid and vibrant. Piglet looks like he's either head-banging or about to start a fight, ha!
ReplyDelete